Dimes to Dollars- a military wife's guide to personal finance: Stimulus

Saturday, May 31, 2008

 

Stimulus

Well, I've just about let this blog go to pasture. We've been pretty busy around the Dimes household, but I shouldn't forget my readers. Since we last spoke, Mr. Dimes and I received our economic stimulus check. We originally planned to invest it, but then we decided, for once, to be frivolous. So we bought an iPod. Yes, six and a half years after the iPod made its debut, we finally decided to buy one. We certainly paid a lot less than the early adopters did (the original iPod cost $400!) and we have a lot more storage space. We also bought a speaker dock for it, so that it can be heard without ear buds. The whole setup cost us less than $300. Definitely a good way to stimulate the economy, respect our budget and purchase something we've been waiting on for years.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Accountability said...

Dimes! I've missed your advice and tips. I am subscribed to your blog through my feed reader and was just thinking you hadn't posted in quite a while. Good job on stimulating the economy! :-)

5/31/2008 7:44 PM  
Blogger ****Veteran Military Wife at Life Lessons of a Military Wife**** said...

Enjoy it! I've missed your blog as well! Lots of good advice:-))

6/01/2008 9:13 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Nice to see you back Dimes! I was beginning to wonder myself but as I recall, you work heavily during Tax Season.
Great job stimulating the economy! :)

6/01/2008 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Art Dinkin said...

Welcome back! Enjoy your iPod. I could not live without mine. What kind did you get?

6/02/2008 11:36 PM  
Blogger Dimes said...

Art- We got an 80-gig 6th generation iPod Classic! When you finally get one, you should get a good one, that's what I say!

6/03/2008 1:13 AM  
Anonymous Cindy said...

This is the first time I have seen this blog, but I really enjoyed it. I am never an early adopter of anything, for that very reason. I remember when my boyfriend (I was 14) got a DVD player for $800! At 17, I got one for $100, and now at 22, I got one for $40! Not an off brand, either. :)

7/19/2008 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home